We saw a TV show yesterday where a girl died of anaphylactic shock caused by exposure to bee pollen. The kids didn't understand, so I tried to explain allergies to Hope, Hannah and Noah and talked to them about how some people can't eat certain foods, like peanut butter, or they could die from it.
That led to talking about my friend Suso, who is allergic to nuts. I told them that eating a walnut could possibly kill Suso, and they were VERY impressed by that. I mentioned that Suso can't even eat candy bars with peanuts in them, or peanut butter sandwiches, and that seemed to make them sad.
"You mean she can't eat any candy bars with nuts in them?" Hannah asked.
"No," I said.
"Not even a Hershey's with almonds?" Hannah asked.
"I don't think so," I answered.
"Man, I feel her PAIN!" Hannah exclaimed.
No comments:
Post a Comment