Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Birthday, U.S.A.!

Mark and Hannah putting up the posts for the trellis. (Must.resist.urge.to.type. "FINALLY.")
Hannah shows off the squash plants

Thanks, Mark, for the great trellis frame!

Baby squash! (We harvested our first squash yesterday. I need to photograph it.)

Same head of Romaine I photographed on June 22 below ... how it's grown! And it's gorgeous!

Carrots

Eggplant -- all the books say eggplant should be started indoors because it's so slow-growing, but I started it outdoors from seed. Maybe we'll have some in late fall?

Happy Independence Day!

Upper (east) garden -- growing well!

Lower (west) garden -- the tomatoes are taking over!

Tomatoes!

Beans! We harvested a bowl-full last night.


Bell pepper

2 comments:

Saponaria said...

What in the world?? I had gone back repeatedly to the link I had for your blog and the last post I saw was on the radishes. I guess I just needed to refresh the page! LOL I had been hoping to see some updates. The garden looks wonderful too!

Charity said...

I was behind on updates, so I posted several today!